i love shoes. no matter how you are feeling (fat day, bad hair day, tired and i want to kill everybody day… shoes always look good).
I have an addiction of sorts…
as of right now, mine are all color coded based on type and displayed in my bedroom so I can see them.
my favorite site right now is 6pm.com (and, trust, I am NOT a big enough blogger where 6pm.com paid me to say this). Their clearance section is out of control (considering I am on a very limited budget… clearance is my friend).
They also have an amazing clothes section and men’s shoes (which have prices that are ridiculous… ridiculously good!).
Okay. Enough with the yapping. On to pictures! Of shooeees!!!
Below are the ones I.WANT.RIGHT.NOW
I have to brag a bit… is that okay? (I mean it’s a little self-indulgent, but I suppose the whole blog is self-indulgent, huh?).
Ran my first 5k last night.
36 minutes! I am super proud of myself… especially considering that I barely passed gym through high school! I know many people run 5ks or marathons… but for somebody who is NOT a runner… I am super proud of myself.
(side note: bragging to your cat doesn’t have the same je ne sais as actually running alongside somebody you love or having somebody you love cheering you on. However, I’ll take the snuggles where I can get them. Thanks KITTY!!!)
my favorite advice column is up and ready to read!
go read sugar and bask in her wisdom.
Busy day and night and weekend
including a series of goodbye parties for a friend who is moving to France!
(I’m so jealous of her adventures spirit and wish I had the chutzpah to do something like that. Actually, I think I would need chutzpah and no house…)
my boss is breathing heavy down my neck
my contact ripped today so I’m working with one eye… kinda like a pirate…
Hope your mid-week has you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (aka: Friday):
If you read my last post, you will see that even in times of extreme danger, I turn to my best friend (even if she doesn’t text back. But whatever…)
I have known my best friend for 22 years. 22 years! That is amazing. Especially considering that I can be a little nutty sometimes (cue collective audience groan: “sometimes?!”)
Anyway. She is going through a renaissance and I just wanted her to know that I love her.
Also I wanted to buy her this but I am broke so I figured a blog post of a thing I want to buy her would suffice:
A necklace… that way, where ever she was and whatever she was feeling, she would know I am always with her (cue collective audience groan: “awwwwww”).
Side note: I am pretty sure she would think it’s cheesy but would wear it anyway to indulge me.
Also, in the spirit of her renaissance, I’d thought I would list her tiny beautiful things (aka: why I love her)
- She can watch Friends with me, even though we’ve both seen every episode 80 million times. (PS: She is the Monica to my Rachel)
- She hates Seinfeld (which is kinda weird, I guess)
- She has gorgeous hair… that she always twirls (you get used to the twirling)
- Hands down, without a doubt, smartest girl I know. She literally just filed an annual statement. I don’t believe she’s taken accounting classes. I’m amazed.
- Google Kung Fu Master
- Amazing Decorator. I trust her eye more than I trust… well, I don’t know any famous decorators. But if I did? I promise she be would better than that person.
- Can fix and/or figure out anything. One time, when my water softener was spraying water all over my laundry room, she walked me through how to fix it. JUST.BY.GOOGLING. (see: also google kung fu master)
- I can be with her and we don’t have to say a word. When we were little, we would literally sit (side-by-side) for hours reading. Young Adult Section didn’t know what hit them.
- Her laugh is contagious. Loud, from the belly. A little snorty. Best laugh ever.
- She is an amazing writer. She wrote a piece in 7th grade called “Fools Gold” that our 7th Grade English teacher told me was one of the best thing she ever read by her students.
- Her handwriting is perfect. Seriously.
- I can call her, sobbing my brains out. Anxious and scared about my future/turning into a crazy cat lady/never having children and she always ALWAYS always reminds me that I am special, amazing, beautiful, and will have millions of babies. And if I don’t? I can always come and raise her children (like a sister-wife).
- She knows how to properly cite sources. And grammar. And how to spell. Basically, she’s a walking editor.
So. Anyway. She has a million tiny beautiful things that make her HER… but what I love about her most is HER!
Okay, enough sap…
I love and miss you Ms. Soon-To-be-Librarian.
Involves my tiny little things for the week.
What I am thankful for this week:
- Rearranged closets. All my shirts are now color coded, and arranged by type. I also realized I have 25 cardigans that really serve no purpose besides covering my arms (they don’t keep me that warm). In addition, I have 6 black cardigans. Even I admit… that’s ridiculous. However, not ridiculous enough that I didn’t buy another one for $6.25 at Old Navy! 🙂
- Criminal Minds Marathons. That leave me scared out of my mind. Scared enough that, after hearing a noise at 2:30am outside my window, I grabbed and a bat and texted my best friend for help. WHO NEVER TEXTED ME BACK. AHEM!!! Granted she lives in a different state. But still!
- Lunch from my favorite place ever: Noodles and Co.
- Cleaned Out Cars! Apparently I have issues keeping my car clutter free
- Freshly Mowed Lawns. Nothing better than seeing the fresh lines in your grass
- The Help. Movie afternoon with my Grandma. I ate a lot of popcorn.
So spill. What are your tiny little things of the weekend?