If you read my last post, you will see that even in times of extreme danger, I turn to my best friend (even if she doesn’t text back. But whatever…)
I have known my best friend for 22 years. 22 years! That is amazing. Especially considering that I can be a little nutty sometimes (cue collective audience groan: “sometimes?!”)
Anyway. She is going through a renaissance and I just wanted her to know that I love her.
Also I wanted to buy her this but I am broke so I figured a blog post of a thing I want to buy her would suffice:
A necklace… that way, where ever she was and whatever she was feeling, she would know I am always with her (cue collective audience groan: “awwwwww”).
Side note: I am pretty sure she would think it’s cheesy but would wear it anyway to indulge me.
Also, in the spirit of her renaissance, I’d thought I would list her tiny beautiful things (aka: why I love her)
- She can watch Friends with me, even though we’ve both seen every episode 80 million times. (PS: She is the Monica to my Rachel)
- She hates Seinfeld (which is kinda weird, I guess)
- She has gorgeous hair… that she always twirls (you get used to the twirling)
- Hands down, without a doubt, smartest girl I know. She literally just filed an annual statement. I don’t believe she’s taken accounting classes. I’m amazed.
- Google Kung Fu Master
- Amazing Decorator. I trust her eye more than I trust… well, I don’t know any famous decorators. But if I did? I promise she be would better than that person.
- Can fix and/or figure out anything. One time, when my water softener was spraying water all over my laundry room, she walked me through how to fix it. JUST.BY.GOOGLING. (see: also google kung fu master)
- I can be with her and we don’t have to say a word. When we were little, we would literally sit (side-by-side) for hours reading. Young Adult Section didn’t know what hit them.
- Her laugh is contagious. Loud, from the belly. A little snorty. Best laugh ever.
- She is an amazing writer. She wrote a piece in 7th grade called “Fools Gold” that our 7th Grade English teacher told me was one of the best thing she ever read by her students.
- Her handwriting is perfect. Seriously.
- I can call her, sobbing my brains out. Anxious and scared about my future/turning into a crazy cat lady/never having children and she always ALWAYS always reminds me that I am special, amazing, beautiful, and will have millions of babies. And if I don’t? I can always come and raise her children (like a sister-wife).
- She knows how to properly cite sources. And grammar. And how to spell. Basically, she’s a walking editor.
So. Anyway. She has a million tiny beautiful things that make her HER… but what I love about her most is HER!
Okay, enough sap…
I love and miss you Ms. Soon-To-be-Librarian.